Keeping your immune system strong is more important now than ever! And although you might want to turn to comfort foods during this stressful time, keeping your body fueled with vitamins and antioxidants will keep your liver, kidneys, blood pressure and heart health functioning optimally. One easy way to make sure you’re getting your daily recommended intake of greens and fruits is to juice them! We’ve come up with an energizing red juice recipe that tastes great is filled with a healthy helping of fruits and vegetables.
What you’ll need:
- Half a cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 1 beet
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1.5″ ginger
- Produce spray
- Measuring cup
- Airtight container
What you’ll do:
1. Start by giving your fruits and vegetables a wash. Try out a spray such as Fit Organic to ensure they are properly cleaned!
2. Roughly cut up your fruits and vegetables so that they’ll fit your juicer. For oranges, make sure you remove any seeds and the peel.
3. Place a measuring cup underneath your juicer to see how much juice you’re yielding and so that you can easily pour juice into a container later.
4. Start by adding a base first. For juices, we recommend cucumber or celery, which have little taste yet add a lot of water and nutrients to your juice!
5. Continue with the remainder of your ingredients. Mix together and taste. Add another fruits or vegetables to taste as needed.
6. Store the juice in an airtight container. You can use a funnel to ensure that you’re not spilling or wasting any juice.
We hope you try this recipe at home! If you want to see more DIY juice recipes you can make at home, let us know. Share what recipes and projects you’re doing at home while practicing social distancing in the comments below! #imaneditour