We’re on week 7 of the quarantine, and although the situation appears to be improving, it’s still better to be safe than sorry when making your next trek to Costco. So, put on those masks and tote some homemade hand sanitizer because let’s face it, they’re still largely sold out at stores and with price-gouging on Amazon the struggle is real to get your hands on some! Using just a few simple ingredients and Satin Smooth’s Satin Cool aloe vera-based gel, here’s how to make your own batch at home!
What you’ll need:
- Rubbing alcohol (91% isopropyl alcohol)
- Satin Cool (or an aloe-based gel)
- Empty bottle to store
- Applicator or stirring stick
- Essential oil (desired fragrance of choice)
- Measuring cup
What you’ll do:
1. Place 2/3 cup of alcohol and 1/3 cup of Satin Cool into a mixing bowl.
2. Stir the ingredients vigorously together with your applicator stick or stirring stick until the gel is completely mixed.
3. Add 8-10 drops of essential oil to create the desired fragrance and stir to combine.
4. Pour the hand sanitizer mixture into an empty container.
5. For best results, shake the bottle before using.
And there you have it, folks! This simple DIY just takes a few minutes but will yield a lot of hand sanitizer, which you’ll be thankful that you have on hand the next time you have to brave the great outdoors. Tell us what recipes and projects you want to see more of, and our Editour team can create some content based on your feedback. Until then, stay safe, stay inside and stay busy! #imaneditour