Breakfast: It’s the most important meal of the day! For an easy weekday breakfast or for a wonderful weekend brunch for the whole family, this slow cooker pie is hearty, scrumptious and only requires a handful of ingredients to make! And because we’re busy Editours, we love any cooking that allows you to prep it, set it and forget it until it’s ready. This pie makes 8 helpings so you can feed your entire family or have leftovers for a few days (no promises on that though, you might end gobbling up the whole thing in one sitting). Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- Pillsbury crescent roll
- 9 eggs
- Green onion
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
What you’ll do:
1. Start by rolling out your dough on the bottom of the slow cooker, bringing the crust up to the sides at least 1″ high. I couldn’t find Pillsbury-brand dough, but this Stater Bros. Flaky Crescent Rolls worked just fine!
2. In a bowl, whisk your 9 eggs together until blended thoroughly.
3. Dice half of a white onion and add it to your egg mixture.
4. Chop your bacon up and add it to the egg mixture. I used 3 slices of ham here instead since I’m not such a ham lover, but you can substitute it with sliced turkey or your preferred meat of choice. Customize it to your liking with any add-ins!
5. Even sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the crust in your slow cooker.
6. Pour the egg mixture of the crust in the slow cooker.
7. Turn your slow cooker to low for the first 90 minutes. After that, adjust it to high for the last 90 minutes. In total this will cook for 3 hours.
8. This is the end result! The crust should be golden brown and flaky. Slice that bad boy into 8 servings and serve! Add any toppings or garnishes of choice and dig in.
Have you been cooking more during the quarantine? Share your recipes or ideas in the comments below and let us know more of what you want to see. Happy cooking! #imaneditour